- 2017 IPPY National Results
- 2017 IPPY Regional & Ebook Results
- 2017 IPPY Outstanding Results
- Inside a Publishing House
- My Independent Labor of Love
- 1, 2, 3: How to Reach Your Writing Goals
- Independent Book Reviewers
- The Most Iconic Books Set in 150 Countries
- Indie Books to Help You Navigate the News
- Indie Groundbreaking Book: Fifty Cents and a Box Top
- Indie Groundbreaking Publisher: Arbutus Press
- Coming This Month: Notable August Releases
- From the Tech Desk
Book Review : Fiction
The Double Life of Alfred Buber
Alfred Buber is a pillar of his community, a respected man with a secret, and a secret life, until one day the two cross over and even he can no longer tell which is real and which is not. Buber's passion for women is matched only by his inability to relate to them, and after years of bruising attempts to find love he seeks his escape in an illegitimate and all encompassing romance with a Bangkok bargirl.
She may reciprocate. She may not.
Buber's dilemma to believe in her, and in what he is doing, or not, to bring her home to Boston, or not, to continue a wholly respectable life that is bringing him no happiness, or not is the premise of this unforgettable, truly unforgettable, love story, and its equally unforgettable, completely flawed, lovers.
Permanent Press; Sag Harbor, NY; www.thepermanentpress.com; 198 page; hardcover; $28.00; (June 2011); ISBN-10: 1579622186